Thursday, June 24, 2004

Drugs are bad mmkay

I just want to know how it can get to that point. I completely understand trying things for the enjoyement of experiencing new sensations and looking at the world in a different light. (It's not like I haven't done my share of experimentation) What I would like to know is when it does go from fun and adventure to habit and neccesity? Why do some people feel the need to continue while others realize that this is a waste of time, money, and brain cells? I've been around people who have reached the point of habituation and it's one of the most sickening things. To see somone willing to take another hit or pack another bowl and just sit around being dead space for a couple hours is just so depressing to me. You see them staring blankly and not showing any real emotions and wonder, are they really enjoying this on the inside? From experience and the testimony of others the answer is no. But I guess you know you have a problem when that doesn't matter to you anymore. They achieve nothing more than an overbearing appetite and even that can only go so far before you feel sick. I've had friends who realized that drugs weren't actually doing anything for them anymore and have cut back severely. I really respect that and hope they stick to their guns and remember what they said to me (No one needs sloppy brains). I even know somone who found that he got the same high from self-reflection and reading about zen. Don't go telling people that Dan is a friggin Buddhist but I agree with some of that "life is emptiness and forever changing" stuff. I just find it offensive when somone cares enough to say "Stop doing this to yourself" and all they get back is a dumb look and the phrase "whatever". You really hurt me and I've seen you hurt others who actually care. There is only so much one person can say to another. I guess you'll have to wait for nature to take its course, because one day this will all catch up and maybe then you'll be ready to deal with the shit you put yourself and everyone else through. Sorry to be so serious, but this is what's been on my mind and writing this really made me feel better. Turn off your television and go read something.

1 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger -tim- said...

Wow this post really touched me. Because I've had best friends who up and decided that I wasn't cool enough to hang out with because I didn't sink into a life of drug addiction with them. And I know who this post was primarily about, and I worry about them too. I've been telling them for a long time that they should take it easy...their are obviously lots of problems that have lead to the current state of things, and if only they would ask for help I think they would be amazed who would offer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home